betabethany:redux

betabethany:redux
a collection of random musings held in the virtual version of the giant bucket of writer Bethany Malmgren

Me gusta . . . el mar

2001, my family body-surfing in Puerto Vallerta
I love the ocean. 

I love the mystery.  Think about how many amazing creatures live under that blue barrier.  They float and swim and breath and make love all in that wonderful azul.  Think how many creatures are--
"--out to eat me?"
"No, Jon, not out to eat you.  Well, maybe if they were given a chance, but that's not their initial goal."

I love how it can consistently take your breath away.  Living in California makes from some incredible ocean moments.  The first time we traveled to Big Sur, my husband and I walked to the lookout across the street from the Kirk Creek Campground.  Upon reaching the edge of ultimate beauty, my husband starts laughing manically.  Wind and rain blast us in the face.  I gave him a questioning look.  He said, "It's just so beautiful.  I'm a loss for words.  You can say anything to capture this.  It's just amazing,"  and he continued laughing without words.

No comments: